Tuesday 30 September 2014

Thank you Teachers :)

In conjunction to Teacher's Day, i wanted to write something but again...It took me sometime to actually go back through time and look at all those people who have made me who i am today. I couldn't just place a name or two. However, i must start somewhere. I would like to wish a very belated Teacher's Day to all my primary, secondary and college teachers/lecturers. Without all of you who have lifted me up and passed down all your knowledge and wisdom,i wouldn't be where i am today so i thank you from the bottom of my heart.
All the teachers from SR Sultan Ismail, SM Sultan Ismail 2, SMK Tg Panglima Perang Tg Muhammad...I enjoyed school life so much that i learned very quickly, it was going to be the most carefree times of my life. You made me strong, you made me realise how important education was. I stayed back and thought what a fabulous way to spend time studying and "lepaking" :) Thank God for the no "gadget" era...Thank God i was able to experience it and thank you teachers for making my school life so colourful. Thanks to Karla, Faten and Simren...i learnt about friendship because of the three of you. 23 years and going... I learnt that race and religion has got nothing to do with friendship because of you girls <3

Thanks Halimaton Saadiah for giving me tough competition for the numero uno position! Not only were we the top students but we always taught each other. What a combo. You taught me that you can still be the best by teaching and helping others. Thank you Ho Chi Mei and Vimala for all the times :) Thank you Shangkersegar (husband) for teaching me at that time itself what it meant to be in a relationship. I was just 14 and you 17. You introduced the subject of love to a girl from Kemaman who didn't know this thing existed. Unconditional love which i am very lucky to have gotten back after 9 years of no contact. You went on to becoming one of the great teachers for life lessons. Thank you.

I went to UTM for a while. I'd like to thank my course mates back then for showing me reality...although it suck big time, it made me grow. I'm a better person because of all that. Thank you Sharmila Devi (Shemmi), bestie for teaching me what it meant by "sticking through thick and thin". Thank you seniors, faculty seniors, college seniors, hometown seniors...never knew there were these many segregation. Thanks for all the lessons on life. Thanks to some very wonderful people whom i have met there...who have been there at some point of my life ...you have taught me that there is always a little hope even at the lowest moments of your life. Can't name all but Punitha, Visu, Vino, Vanathi, Sai, Venesa, Shasheela akka, Ghans, Anne, Theva, Dash akka, Doreen akka, Arvin, Ainesh, Nara, Faizal, Vig, Aruneswaran, Prithee, Mano...thank you for all the times :) Thank you for embracing me and accepting me at times when i never thought much of myself. You taught me how to be a good friend, how to embrace and accept others. Thank you UTM for teaching me what life is and how tough it is... Thank you for throwing me into tough moments and also teaching me how to become tougher in the process.

Then the best part of my life... MSU!! Thank you to all my lecturers in the English department...ALL OF YOU made me who i am today...literally! Thank you Prof Jay for teaching me feminism along with sociology,  thank you Ms Yas for teaching me that you can always be cute and also strict with students, Thank you Mdm Nirmala for teaching me that being an expert at the subject matter is important, Thank you Mdm Malar Selvi for being my amma...for all the times you accepted our gang's flaws and loved us anyway, Thank you Dr PK for teaching me speed in delivery of subject matter is important...hahaha....Thank you Mdm Jasmina for teaching me Structure of English....and simplicity, Thank you Mdm Saadiah, Mr Armaan, Thank you Ms Sugantini for making me learn and love theater, Thank you Ms Roges for making me realise the perks of becoming a young lecturer, Thank you Ms Shima for teaching me how to appreciate literature and also how to give credit wherever and whenever its due, you're beautiful!! Thank you Ms Gayatri for being the best supervisor a student can get....Thanks Mdm Shabina and Mdm Izlin...i got to know all of you late but thank you nonetheless. Thank you Reanuga, Redza, Aman, Naiza, Sam, Along, Nik, Irfan, Lyne, Grace, Sab, Megha, Angel, Sashi, Vinod, Nawa, All my TESL coursemates who brought a whole new meaning to the word "chechi"...Thank you for the love and support during my pregnancy...All your love has made me pass it on...The biggest gift to me is all of you...Thank you MSU for giving me all that! <3

Next...SEGi...where i worked...I learnt what to be and what not to be from my ex boss...Thanks V for teaching me how not to be... both as a person and as a boss. Never met someone so low and cheap like you. Thank you for the lessons. Grace Antony, i owe you everything. I got a job in SEGi because of you...because you told that you have a friend better than yourself looking for a job... Such a selfless act, i have never ever witnessed. And for that, you became a huge teacher to me of what best friends are like...how friends are supposed to be :) Thank you Gowri...The most honest and sincere friend...Ms Mohgana, the epitome of organization...In, Natrah, Bawani, Ms Dorville, Vijay, Puteri, Vedha, Kehma, Aun Joo, Grace.....Thank you for teaching me the value of colleagues. To all my beautiful and amazing students, Thank you for teaching me self discovery...i learnt a lot from each batch and i love all of you immensely. I knew i was born to do this. Thank you SEGi.

To all my Kemaman uncles and aunties... Uncle Bani, Uncle Rama K, Uncle Nadaraja, Uncle Ramesh, Uncle Sathiya....Uncle Achu...Aunty Sumathi, Kalies and Kanages and all the family members...your wives (my ammas) and kids....Thank you for teaching me that family isn't always blood related... True friendship...a bond as strong as family is possible... I have experienced it first hand and i'm glad i have learnt all those values...I Have Learnt... Thank you. Thank you Dhina, Siva, Hari, Rajesh,  Thank you Priya ma, Thank you Vinotha, Thank you Ganesha, Thank you Mags, Thanks Firah, Thank you Kevin, Thank you Isai, Thank you Dr Tam, Dr. Sri, and Zye, ...All my tuition students and their family!! Thank you all for being my extended family members.

Mom and Dad, my Oxford, my Webster, my Google...my source of knowledge...my teachers from day one...Thank you!! My sisters...thank you for teaching me so many things and that difference among siblings can't keep us apart. Thank you Akshayan, my son, Yookthana and Jaasritha, my daughters for teaching me that i can do all these and more...Thank you for showing me how strong women are. Thank you Yookthana for teaching me that woman are born multi taskers and that we are so great we don't even know it. Thank you to all the wonderful teachers around me...always teaching me something. Thank you God for giving me the wisdom and ability to look at everything positively and to look at every situation and every person that crosses our path as teachers....

Thank you to everyone who has crossed my path and taught me a valuable lesson which has enriched my life. I will carry all of you in my heart forever!

Maatha (Mum), Pitha (Dad), Guru (Teacher), Deivam (God)...We have always placed teachers above God and hence, i take this as a chance to appreciate all of you <3

Thank you teachers :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. Nice to see u owning your own blog.. Shall catch up with you soon.. Happy Teacher's day and Mother's day.. Love you Chechi!!! From Nawa..

Unknown said...

Thank you so much brother :) Hope to see you real soon. Make it possible you busy boy!!