Tuesday 30 September 2014

Asweni Baskaran, My sister

I was thinking of what to write this time and i just thought that i would dedicate this blog to my sister. Asweni, hmmmm what can i say. I do not remember much about you from childhood, i was a child too remember. I do remember you having extremely curly hair and being really chubby. I never thought of you of a competition or that you were getting more attention than me because our parents were wonderful at that but i do know that i was hyper and you were less hyper than me. I know we had many pictures of you from childhood and they were mostly with you looking funny. We always had a good laugh looking at it. But most of your pictures were always pretty.

Fast forward to many years down the road and i remember us fighting most of the time, over what i hardly remember but i know they were trivial matters and that that was pretty much a common scene in many household. I do remember how much of beating i used to get because of you. I used to hate you for that. Coming to think of all that now, it's just so funny. Schooling days, i was too busy and you were too. I can't say i was looking out for you all the time and i can't say that i was a trophy sister. However, i am your sister. I have always been proud of your achievements. I was almost constantly amazed at how distinctly different you were as compared to me. I was ultra modern and you wouldn't even wear sleeveless. Haha. The way you would hit the table and go one round in laughter...always cracked me . 

You were more feminine and more soft spoken but never to be mistaken as a weak person. You are so strong, i can only wonder how you managed single handed-ly whenever your car broke down, when someone broke your window and whenever you went to the mechanic alone. You had your own ideas and thoughts, you had your own way of handling things (crying mostly)...Haha...and you were so stubborn. It was either your way or no way. You were a perfectionist and a rule follower. I was one to break the rules. I was the emotional one. I cry too only if i'm sad. But never when i'm angry. I let it out...I fight. You were more quiet in that sense. You spoke when you needed to make a point. It was always easier for you to earn a good name from others. You are such a sensible young woman and you are such an amazing friend. You are the kind of friend that parents would want their kids to have.

We entered college together and what a blessing it was to have you by my side. During this time i did look out for you a lot. I never approved of all of your decisions, but i allowed you to make them anyways. That was the only way you would learn. In life, my road has always been bumpy and filled with pot holes. I have never regretted all those experiences because it definitely validated my "driver's license". I was a better and wiser driver. I'm glad your road was almost like a highway. I thank God for all those experiences because you could see me go through it and learn. I wouldn't want anyone go through what i have gone through...let alone my own sisters. All of you are too precious. I was so happy you graduated earlier and went on to do Masters earlier. It never bothered me. I was always so proud of you... Congrats on your published paper as well. I was beaming with pride. All of us were...in our own way :)

I have also been gifted to have you stay together with me even after marriage. How many people have that opportunity? Not many. Thanks to my very accommodating husband. You have been there at important phases of my life. You have helped me a lot....during pregnancy. Took me for check ups. I loved having you around. Thank God i no longer am in Shah Alam. Imagine the torture of having to see you pack and leave.  It was you who drove me home after both my deliveries. You brought both your nephew and niece home. You loved both my kids like yours. What wonderful bond you have with them. Such an amazing "cheriamma" you are. I sincerely wish that i get to be there for you at important times in your life too. Can't wait to see have kids of your own.

Your big day is approaching and i cannot tell you how very happy i am for you. You will make a very beautiful bride. You have found someone who loves you immensely and i am glad for you. You are marrying into a wonderful family and they are indeed very lucky to have you. You have always been the pride of our family. We love you a lot. Words fail me sometimes. I am getting chocked up. I'm sorry i will be missing two "nallangus". It's work and i'm sure you understand how it is...right "strict officer?" Whatever said and done, i may not always be there physically, but i am always there with you through prayers and thoughts. I pray for your happiness in this beautiful journey together with Devin. I can't wait to be there and participate....

Asweni, let me tell you one thing, marriage may change your house address and your status, but it will never change our bond and love. I will always be your sister....your chechi. And i will always look out for you. I love you. We love you. Here's to a new beginning and a new chapter in your life. Cheers!!

Love, Chechi <3

P/S: Kheeshaa and Sandhiya...i will dedicate a blog to the both of you too....in time. Khesh your's will be expensive and Sandhu, your's....emotional....LOL. I'm sure you know what i mean. Haha

No comments: