Tuesday 30 September 2014

Birthdays...

Many asked me, why do i put my picture after each blog... Well, i have always loved to write.... It is my small time dream to write a book. I believe whatever we want, we must first start believing and then visualising it. After every book i read...i see the picture of the author and so i thought after every blog i write, i am also going to put a picture just because i want to visualize my small dream. God has His answer to that dream of mine. So... :)
I just celebrated my birthday 14 days ago... I had many people wish me and shower me with love and blessings... I would love to thank each and everyone for their love, blessings and wishes. Then, there were many who asked "Apparom, yenna special?"....(What is special today?).
Birthdays or any days in the Baskaran's household has always been one where we sit together as a family and celebrate the moment. It's very typical of my mother to bake her home made cake and present it to us because she knows we love her cakes as much as we love her. So, when i explain that my mum cooked and so we ate at home...and she made a cake for me... Many do not understand....I don't blame them. As opposed to going out for a lavish dinner and getting high tech and expensive gifts :) Not that it is wrong, it is just that We as a family have never believed in giving only on special occasions. I just view birthdays very differently...and in recent times...more so.
However, as i grew...each year, i saw a different me....or rather i was introduced to me...in a new way. I started seeing birthdays as the days where i look back to see what i have learnt all these years. At every point of my life...every year...i grew. I understood myself better. I understood the mechanics of life. I knew how i operated. I started observing how other people operated. There were things that i liked. There were some which were not appealing and then there were some which i completely never agreed with. I loved being myself and i realised i didn't like acting and neither did i like other's acting or being someone who they weren't for whatever reasons at all. An incident happened quite recently, and it made my dad very proud i know. He told us at breakfast, a very long and close friend came for Asweni's (my sister) reception at JB...Uncle Thambhu.... and he apparently told my dad, "Bas, your daughter...Shasthrika...she is amazing. Just the same from the last time...nothing has changed her, the way she is...the hyper energetic...always laughing...always ready and open to hug...no changes. Good la ahh..must be like that..."
I rest my case. Eventually, people will only love and respect you for being yourself and not when you are pretending to be someone you are not. People always know. This i always say to everyone out there too...you only get the right partner when you are yourself and you have an identity where people can identify with. Not when you act to be a person you aren't. Being yourself gets you the love of your life, the best friendships, jobs and also respect. Cheers to being unique and yourself. You are special... God made you...remember?
I understood that love, and only love is one of the many answers to all our problems in life. If we love what we did, we didn't have to have Monday blues....If we love ourselves we didn't need to work hard for other people to approve of us.... If we love the environment, it will never be polluted....If we love our neighbours and friends, we would never have misunderstandings and double standards....if we love our studies and school....excelling it wouldn't be a burden but a pleasure :) if we love God...we would end up loving everything that is around us and within us because you realise that everything and everyone is a manifestation of the Divine being Himself...
I believe in love, all kinds of love...and i realised it is harmless and it should be accepted as just that...and given no names and divisions. No gay love, no straight love...no colourful love, no right or wrong love.... There is just one love... L.O.V.E. And i also realised very early on...if you love someone, just throw away all your ego and then and there, pick up the phone...write an e-mail or whatsapp and say you love them. What have you got to lose? What is the worst that can happen? And if it cost you anything at all...it is for the other person to bear because they just lost a genuine love....I wish i could turn back time and tell my grandma and grandpa how much i love and miss them.
I cherish relationships...i respect friendship because i had seen the best kind of relationships formed at Kemaman and from my parents. Why Kemaman? That is the place where i grew up and started to understand things. They were the best friends to friends and they were the best family members to the family. I love and adore my friends. I also realised the value of being honest and not compromising values and beliefs for whatever reasons at all but yet respect and tolerate differences as that too came from the ultimate Himself. My kids, Akshayan and Yookthana who changed my life forever. Akshayan, he showed me how strong i really was. He made me respect other women and realise each and everyone of us are built for so much more. We are born to multi task. After Akshayan, no problem was big enough that i couldn't handle. I saw everything as a possibility. Every problem i knew since then was so small and had a solution. Akshayan, for that priceless gift of strength to overcome and struggle....i owe you and am blessed to have you. My first born :)
Then came Yookthana, to strengthen my believe in bonds and love...Looking at the war at Palestine, i wish they just knew what the value of life is and how beautiful life actually could be...All they need is love. All these war and the most recent MH17... such devastation. What are we paying for and what good is going to come out of all these suffering? I am waiting for my Kalki. It's about time that He came. Dharma is dying. There is just too much of hatred, murder, killings, robbery and the people are all selfish. However, in the midst of all these, it is only wise for all of us to pray and be thankful for the peace that we have, the beautiful people we are blessed with and cherish each day that we have to live because it is quite clear that we do not have any idea of what is to come even in the next minute.
So...till my next blog! Spread the love. Love is a gift, a simple smile is a gift...ask those who yearn for it...ask those who started their day with having to face someone moody. I thank my guard at Educity! He always smiles the brightest smile that makes me soo happy!! Tell all those friends and family how you feel, for tomorrow is just a shadow that may never be there if the sun decides not to show up :)
Adios :) Lotsa love <3
My deepest condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones at Palestine and those on board MH17. I am doing my part silently in ways that i know with whatever i have. So sorry.... really :(
To all my friends, near and far...my colleagues...cousins, uncles and aunties...students, sisters... I love all of you so very much. Even if you don't hear from me often... just know that you are all in my heart.
P/S: Thanks to all who have wished me for my birthday via sms and calls. Thanks to all who have wished me through FB. Love you all. Appreciate all your blessings. xoxo

No comments: